June 03, 2013

Super Baby!!

I volunteered to make a baby shower card for a coworker that is out of state... I should have asked about the theme first... SUPERMAN.... Holy smokes!!!  So, after racking my brain... (and I came up with an alternate... much easier by the way and just as cute)  Go figure.... Here it is... My Super Onsie... flying out of his crib.

 
 
Using some retired colors to get it right!  Brilliant Blue and Summer Sun for the outfit and current are the Real Red and Brand Spankin new is the Baked Brown Sugar as one of the InColors this year... love it!!  I used a Cricut onsie cutout for the Onsie and a cape from the vampire in the Paper Dolls cartridge and modified it.  Also used the neck tie from Paper dolls and cut it twice and tapered it to sit on top of itself as a layer... then cut the diamond from the Gem in Little Princess cartridge in 2 different sizes... created my own S as in the samples  I looked up and made my own diaper opening and belt.  I had to add the Kripton planet hanging as a Mobile I guess... I love it.  The Crib I did freestyle and used the Woodgrain background stamp to accent the wood.  The onsie is dimensionalized (is that even a word??).. on top of the crib rail...  I also used the clouds embossing folder.. new this year to make the wall paper.
 
I was pleased with the results and I hope she likes it... she should get it today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment