January 08, 2009

My little Peach and her Geogia Peach Jewelry box

My little 16 month old Alina loves jewelry, so mom went out and found a Michaels $3.00 wood box and altered it a la Georgia Peach style... I loved the heart handle.. I used craft ink to cover, then I used clear embossing powder and heat sealed it!!! I couldn't believe it worked... no sharp edged for my baby girl... I just put in her jewelry.. let's see her reaction later... Oh, by the way... she loves purses, so the handle on her box will be perfect, I can just see her now strolling around with her box in hand... LOL

RECIPE: I chose the Georgia Peach DSP from Stampin' Up! cause these colors go so well with my baby girl.. anyway, here is what I used:

Papers: Stampin' Up! Georgia Peach, DSP... (now being discontinued.. ask me how to order)
Craft Ink: Regal Rose
Clear Embossing Powder
5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon
Soft Subtle Brads (for flower centers, pink and yellow)
Both packs of Flower Fusion.. the went well together...
Generic felt for the lining inside
Lots of sticky strip
Decoupage Finish by Royal Coat
You could use Modge Podge too
That's it! Hope you like it...
Sandra


Love the Flower Fusion felt flowers... sure made it easy to decorate!! A little sticky strip so baby doesn't pull it off and it's done.

The felt lining was just a bit tricky, but it turned out just fine.. used my sticky strip instead of glue.. didn't want to wait and worked out perfect!


What I loved about this box, and was purely coincidental, is that the hinges on the back and the little lock on the front are removable.. I just unscrewed them and added all my embellishments and then put them back on... as easy as that!!

Happy Thursday!! Next to my Valentine folio!!!!







1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is a beautiful project! Some day your little girl will cherish this trinket box that her momma made with so much love! ...Thanks for explaining about the hardware coming off, as I was going to ask you how you did such an AWESOME job of getting it even around the lock!!! Brilliant idea to use the felt in the inside, too!

    Chris in Calgary

    ReplyDelete