November 07, 2008

Getting ahead for the Holidays

My upline asked me how to make these card folios, so I figured... ummm why not take some pics and post instructions... so here you go.. for the holiday card I made on my previous post...





Tell me how you like it or not...





Supplies:


Cardstock 8 1/2 x11


Sticky strip or strong adhesive


horizontal slit punch


ribbon


embellishments





Score cardstock at 5 1/2" along short side (like when you cut for a regular size card) and then at 2 1/2" along the long side. At center score line from bottom to the 2 1/2" score mark, cut the score and a tiny bit more. It'll look like this....




Add Sticky strip to both bottom flaps along sides only... as close to the edge as possible... this will form the pockets...


but don't stick yet



This is what it looks like closed....





With the slot punch and the book closed... measure from top along spine to 3 1/2"... make a small pencil mark and punch through the spine so you have two identical holes in the spine... see below... you will use this to feed the ribbon... then close again and mark the front side opening (while book is closed) so you now have matching holes to feed ribbon along opening of folio.... see below







Then I cut some designer series paper to line the inside of the folio... you can measure to your liking....








This is how you decorate the inside of the book, but don't stick til you feed the ribbon through... see below...



I used regular mono adhesive or SNAIL Tape....


I used the SU Big Shot machine by Sizzix to make my embellishments... I used the Peace, love and joy, top note, large snowflake and smaller snowflakes... gotta love this toy... I separated the words I wanted to use.... Oh, I used the textured cardstock.. I LOVE IT!!




See how nicely they come apart???






Feeding the ribbon through the outside of the folio through the middle holes first, then run through the side holes back out... see below... now you know why I cover the ribbon....



And Viola!! There you have it... Now to play with my embellishments....



I like to use SU's two way glue pen to adhere all these die cuts.. quick and easy and allows for repositioning because it has a temporary quality to it....


I lay down my large snowflake over the edge... glue and trim the excess....



Add a cute button from SU's in colors that match the folio perfectly ... using mini glue dots...easiest way is to take what you wanna stick... as in this case the button... to the strip where the glue dot is stuck and stick the item to the dot... then peel the item off and stick down where you wanted it....


This is what both sides look like and the ribbon covered by the designer paper....





You've now completed the book by sticking the flaps up and you can decorate the front and back if you like.
Here is my finished product... and my cards to go with it....




Thanks for looking... hope you had fun.
























































































































































































































































































































































































Thanks for looking....






















































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment